The Point Defiance – Tahlequah ferry, operated by the Washington State Ferries division of the Washington State Department of Transportation, is a daily ferry service between Point Defiance Park in Tacoma, WA, and Tahlequah located on Vashon Island.
Point Defiance – Tahlequah Ferry Schedule
In this section you’ll find the current Point Defiance – Tahlequah Ferry schedule.
Point Defiance TO Tahlequah
|Depart Point Defiance (Daily)|
|5:05 AM (Weekdays only)|
|12:35 PM (Fri, Sat, Sun only)|
Tahlequah TO Point Defiance
|Depart Tahlequah (Daily)|
|5:30 AM (Weekdays only)|
|1:00 PM (Fri, Sat, Sun only)|
Point Defiance Ferry Terminal
This section contains important information about the Point Defiance ferry terminal.
The Point Defiance ferry terminal is located at 5810 North Pearl Street, Tacoma, WA 98405.
The directions to the Point Defiance ferry terminal are as follows:
- From I-5 take exit 132 (Highway 16)
- Head west on Highway 16 for 3 miles
- Take the 6th Avenue exit (signed Vashon Ferry)
- At the stop light, turn left onto 6th Avenue
- At the next stop light, turn right onto Highway 163 (Pearl Street)
- Drive approximately 3.5 miles to the stop sign at the entrance to Point Defiance Park
- Bear right, but DO NOT ENTER the park
- Toll plaza will be on your right in one block
- Terminal is located at the end of the street
The Point Defiance ferry terminal is ADA-compliant and has a waiting room and restrooms for customers.
It DOES NOT have overhead passenger loading or elevators, and food service is not currently being offered.
Tahlequah Ferry Terminal
This section contains important information about the Tahlequah ferry terminal.
The Tahlequah ferry terminal is located at Vashon Highway SW and SW Tahlequah Road, Vashon, WA 98070.
- Overhead passenger loading: No
- Elevator: No
- Waiting room: No
- Food service: No
- Restrooms: No
This section contains parking information for the Point Defiance and Tahlequah ferries.
Point Defiance Ferry Parking
There are two parking lots available to customers of the Point Defiance ferry.
One lot is located on N Waterfront Dr. next to the ferry terminal.
Another multipurpose parking lot is located off the N Pearl Street roundabout.
Tahlequah Ferry Parking
Tahlequah ferry customers can park at the Park and Ride lot near the terminal located at 13155 SW Tahlequah Rd, Vashon, WA 98070.
The following ferryboats serve the Point Defiance – Tahlequah Ferry route.
More Washington State Ferries
- Anacortes – Friday Harbor (San Juan Island) Ferry
- Bainbridge Island – Seattle Ferry
- Bremerton – Seattle Ferry
- Edmonds – Kingston Ferry
- Fauntleroy – Southworth Ferry
- Fauntleroy – Vashon Ferry
- Lummi Island Ferry
- Mukilteo – Clinton Ferry
- Point Defiance – Tahlequah Ferry
- Port Townsend – Coupeville Ferry
- Southworth – Vashon Ferry