The Port Townsend – Coupeville ferry, operated by the Washington State Ferries division of the Washington State Department of Transportation, is a daily ferry service between Port Townsend, WA and Coupeville, a historic town located on Whidbey Island, in Island County, Washington.
Port Townsend – Coupeville Ferry Schedule
In this section you’ll find the current Port Townsend – Coupeville Ferry schedule.
Port Townsend Ferry Schedule
|Depart Port Townsend (Daily)|
Coupeville Ferry Schedule
|Depart Coupeville (Daily)|
Port Townsend Ferry Terminal
This section contains information about the Port Townsend ferry terminal.
The Port Townsend ferry terminal is located at 1301 Water Street, Port Townsend, WA 98368.
From the Edmonds/Kingston ferry or Poulsbo area:
- Cross over Hood Canal Bridge on Highway 104
- Take Port Ludlow/Chimacum/Highway 19 exit
- Follow highway to Port Townsend ferry dock
From Olympic Peninsula region:
- Take Highway 101 east
- Take exit onto State Route 20 east
- Follow State Route 20 into town
- The highway turns into Sims Way, then Water Street
- Follow to the Port Townsend/Coupeville ferry dock
The Port Townsend ferry terminal is ADA compliant and has a waiting room, restrooms, and food service on select vessels Thursday through Sunday.
It does not have overhead passenger loading or an elevator.
Coupeville Ferry Terminal
This section contains information about the Coupeville ferry terminal.
The Coupeville ferry terminal is located at 1400 South State Route 20, Coupeville, WA 98239.
- Follow Highway 525 North
- Turn left onto Highway 20
- Follow signs to the Coupeville ferry terminal
- Follow Highway 20 southbound
- Go past the town of Coupeville
- Follow signage on Highway 20 for the Coupeville ferry terminal
The Coupeville ferry terminal is ADA compliant and has a waiting room and restrooms.
It does not have overhead passenger loading, an elevator, or offer food service.
Port Townsend Ferry Parking
For parking at the Port Townsend ferry, it is recommended that you park in the Haines Place Park and Ride lot.
On weekends, parking is available at the bank after 1:00 PM.
Due to Port Townsend being a small town, parking in the downtown area is extremely limited and street parking is only limited to two hours.
Coupeville Ferry Parking
Parking at the Coupeville ferry is available along the road near the terminal or at the State Park.
The following vessels serve the Port Townsend – Coupeville Ferry route.
More Washington State Ferries
- Anacortes – Friday Harbor (San Juan Island) Ferry
- Bainbridge Island – Seattle Ferry
- Bremerton – Seattle Ferry
- Edmonds – Kingston Ferry
- Fauntleroy – Southworth Ferry
- Fauntleroy – Vashon Ferry
- Lummi Island Ferry
- Mukilteo – Clinton Ferry
- Point Defiance – Tahlequah Ferry
- Port Townsend – Coupeville Ferry
- Southworth – Vashon Ferry